Gabriella Tulips are sold in bunches of 25
Gabriella is soft pink tulip with paler edges, it adds a beautiful, feminine touch to your interiors.
Did you know: The name “tulip” comes from the Turkish word for turban, thanks to the bloom’s turban-like shape.
Tulip Care tips:
Taking care of tulip bouquets is similar to most other flowers but needs one extra point of attention, being that their stems require more support, so they don’t droop or break in half.
The two easiest ways to handle this are to pick a vase that is tight enough so that stems support each other, and by not giving them too much water because tulips continue to grow even after being cut. And the taller they grow, the more likely they are to droop. Fill only one-third of your vase with room temperature water.
- Trim 1-2 cm off the stems with a sharp knife—cutting at an angle while holding them underwater will promote water absorption, and prevent air bubbles in the water passages.
- Remove any leaves that would be under your vase’s waterline to prevent rotting
- Add flower food and a drop of liquid bleach to the vase
- Arrange as desired or take some tips from the homemaking goddess herself, Martha Stewart!
- With the summer heat, make sure your A/C is switched on 24 hrs a day for your tulips to thrive but always keep them away from A/C drafts, and don’t place tulips or any other vase of flowers in direct sunlight. These things will dehydrate your lovely tulips.
- Recondition your flowers every 2 days: this means washing the vase with hot water & detergent, changing the water and adding more flower food, and re-trimming the flower stems.
Mayflower Market flowers are sold in bunches as indicated above and wrapped in brown paper, tied with raffia (very much similar to flowers purchased from a street vendor or market in Europe) and delivered to you ready to pop into your favorite vase & brighten up your home or workspace.
If you are looking for a gift, we suggest you browse our boutique collection in our online shop.